Travel to the Galapagos (click here)
Galapagos Islands News (click here)
Galapagos Activities (click here)
Galapagos Visitors (click here)
Call the Galapagos Experts. TOLL FREE!
Free Trip Planning
Office hours are 9am-5pm. Mon-Fri. GMT -5hrs. Eastern Time
Galapagos Home > Galapagos Travel Information > Travelling to the Galapagos > Galapagos Trip Checklist
Travelling to the Galapagos
Galapagos Trip Checklist
- International flights to and from Ecuador, can be purchased at discount prices here. International flights are not included in quoted prices and must be purchased separately.
- Flights from Mainland Ecuador to the Galapagos. We will arrange your flight from the Ecuador Mainland (Quito or Guayaquil) to the Galapagos. "Cruise only" prices do not include the cost of flights, and most "complete packages do" Especially during high season, it is often hard to get a flight to the Galapagos and spaces on boats. Therefore, we advise you to make reservations as early as possible to guarantee availability.
- Vaccinations. If you intend to only travel to Quito and the Galapagos Islands, there are no vaccinations required. If, however, you intend to visit mainland Ecuador, especially to the Amazon or coastal regions, we recommend you to ask your doctor. Tell them exactly where you intend to travel to. Possible recommended vaccinations for Ecuador are typhoid, hepatitis A, diphtheria, and yellow fever. Do this well ahead of time since some vaccinations, like diphtheria, need to be administered three months prior to your trip!
- Visas. Ecuador welcomes tourists and travelers from every country. Citizens of the United States, Canada and most European countries traveling to Ecuador for tourism, business or to study do not require a visa unless they expect to stay in Ecuador for more than 90 days in one calendar year (that is, 90 days adding every entry in one year) or if they are drawing income from an Ecuadorian source.
- What to pack? Since there is a weight restriction of 44 lbs. or 20 kg for flights to the Galapagos, we advise you to bring only what you need to the islands. There are some things, like a good sunblock, you just can't do without. Check out our packing page to get an idea of what should finally land up in your suitcase.
CONTACT US TODAY!
Call us Toll Free
Send us an Mail
*Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm - GMT -5hrs. Eastern Time