The city of Lima offers an ideal balance of unique attractions and the comfort a traveler seeks. The rich history of the city, its beautiful beaches, great museums, and delicious cuisine are just some of the delights you can find in the "City of the Kings."
Cusco is a magical city filled with history and beauty. From the stunning churches in the Plaza de Armas to the Incan ruins and the gorgeous landscape of the Sacred Valley, this is treasured spot that should not be missed.
This tour extension includes a visit to the Regional Museum of Ica, a short stop at Huacachina, a flight over the Nasca Lines from Ica, a night in Paracas and an opportunity to explore the Ballestas Islands.
||LIMA - ICA - PARACAS - NASCA
- Pick up at your hotel in Lima and departure along the Panamerican Highway to Ica – 4hrs approx (Private vehicle and guide for two days).
- Arrival and visit the very interesting Regional Museum of Ica, which exhibits objects from the Nasca and Paracas cultures.
- Also, short visit of the oasis of "Huacachina", 5 km west out of Ica with incredible sand dunes completely surrounding it.
- Lunch included at the restaurant of Las Dunas hotel.
- In the afternoon, over flight of Nasca Lines from Ica (75 minutes flight, shared service).
- The Nasca Lines are gigantic geoglyphs located between Palpa and Nazca desert, there were created by the Nasca culture between 200 BC and 600 AD.
- There are many of individual figures, ranging in complexity from simple lines to stylized hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys, and lizards.
- The Nasca lines cannot be recognized as coherent figures except from the air.
- Continue the trip to Paracas (50’ approx)
||PARACAS - LIMA
- Stopover in Paracas to visit the Ballestas Islands (shared tour, approx. 2hrs, panoramic tour).
- On the way to the islands you'll be able to observe the "candelabrum", a figure in the sand dunes which resembles a trident. About the origin of this figure exists various contradicting theories. Arriving at the islands, you'll be able to watch sea lions, seabirds ranging from the guanay cormorant to Peruvian pelicans and if we're lucky you might even see one of the famous Humboldt penguins.
- Afterwards, return to Lima (3hrs approx)
- Arrival and drop off at your hotel.
Important Note: Over flight to Nazca Lines is subject to weather conditions.
|More than 4 people, please ask your trip advisor.
* All prices are per person in US dollars.
- Accommodation and meals as detailed
- Transfers and sightseeing with local English speaking guides
- Entrance fees
- Air transportation. For a round trip domestic tickets (for example LIM/CUS/LIM) the cost is $320. For a one way domestic ticket (for example JUL/LIM) the cost is $160.00. Rates subject to change without previous advise.
- Airport departure taxes: $7.40 in Lima for domestic flights, USD$4.28 for Cusco, and approximately $31 for international departure tax in Lima
- Meals and services not specified in program
- Personal expenses
|| Hacienda Cantayo 4* (standard room)
||Casa Andina Classic 3* (standard room)