Your South American adventure doesn’t have to stop at the Galapagos Islands. Traveling to another amazing destination in Ecuador or Peru, with one of our Galapagos trip extensions, can really be the cherry on top of an already amazing vacation.
The Galapagos Islands are a dream destination for many people. However, most people fly straight to the Islands and then head right back home once their trip is over, skipping tons of amazing places that are just as beautiful.
The Amazon rainforest, Andes Mountain region, the lively Ecuadorian coast, and the ancient cities in Peru all offer great adventures for people of all ages and backgrounds and are great ways to really keep the adventure going.
Keep on reading to learn more about these diverse destinations.
Galapagos and The Amazon Rainforest
If you want a real adventure, this trip extension is perfect for you. Travel from one untouched oasis to the next when you book an Amazon tour to go with your Galapagos trip.
The Ecuadorian jungle is one of the most pristine rainforests in the world.
- Travel into the Amazon to stay in a jungle lodge to experience nature in its purest form
- Observe tropical birds and other wildlife you can’t find anywhere else
- Visit ancient communities that still have little to no contact with the modern world
You can choose to stay in an Amazon lodge or hop on a river boat. Both experiences will take you deep into the rainforest to experience all the treasures of one of the most biodiverse places on the planet.
Galapagos and Ecuador Mainland
Get a glimpse of some of the most famous points in all of Ecuador with expert guides and personalized service.
Choose from our many mainland Ecuador tours to experience life on the coast, in the Andes, and in the cloud forest:
- Explore Quito’s historic city center, which is also an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Hike up or around Ecuador’s most famous active volcano of Cotopaxi
- Haggle in the famous Otavalo artisanal market
- Soak in volcanic hot springs on the edge of the jungle in Papallacta
- Stroll around Ecuador’s most charming cultural city of Cuenca
- Bird watch and relax in the small cloud forest town of Mindo
- Go on an adventure in the lively town of Baños
- Enjoy the coast and eat tons of seafood in Ecuador’s largest city of Guayaquil
Choose as many of these tours as you want with a tour package, as every corner of Ecuador is a different adventure.
Galapagos and Peru and Machu Picchu
Experience more of South America when you book one of our tours to Peru.
Visit one of the seven wonders of the world when you stroll through Machu Picchu, visit the Sacred Valley in Cusco, fly over the famous Nazca Lines, enjoy the pristine desert along the beach in Paracas, and much more.
With so much of the world to explore, a trip through Peru combined with your Galapagos tour will definitely give you a whole new perspective.
Ok, now that you know a little more about all these destinations, it’s time to choose.
If you’re having a difficult time picking your favorite, don’t worry, we have the solution for you.
Why do just one tour when you can combine some of your favorite places together for a super combo tour?
Experience tons of magical places all in one trip:
- Travel to Galapagos
- Then head to Quito for an Andean adventure through the mountains
- Then deep into the Amazon jungle to see more amazing wildlife
- Finish your tour by flying to Peru and visiting the famous Machu Picchu
Or, tell us what you’re interested in and we’ll personalize a tour package just for you.
Ask a travel expert at Galapagos Travel Center about planning your Galapagos tour with an amazing trip extension to some truly unique places!
No responses yet