4 Days - Lima, Cusco & Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is located on a mountaintop in a lush green valley, and the excavated buildings tell the fascinating story of an advanced society. Machu Picchu is breathtakingly beautiful and it is no surprise that in 2007 it was named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World by an online poll: more than 100 million votes were cast. Every year, hundreds of thousands of visitors make the pilgrimage to Peru to visit Machu Picchu.
The small town of Aguas Calientes, located at the base of Machu Picchu's mountain home, has first-class lodging options and good restaurants.
LIMA CUSCO & MACHU PICCHU
4 Days / 3 Nights
During this 4 day tour, you will explore the city of Cuzco. There, you will visit the Temple of Sun, the Cathedral and the surrounding ruins. Afterwards you also visit Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu, where you go by the Vistadome train.
*For prices for more than 4 people, please ask your trip advisor.
Lima Cusco & Machu Picchu Itinerary Details
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Type: 4 Days - Lima, Cusco & Machu Picchu
- Meet on arrival at the airport and transfer to selected hotel
- Transfer to the airport for flight to Cusco.
- Upon arrival, meet and transfer to selected hotel.
- Morning at leisure to acclimatize.
- Afternoon tour of the city including the best of Cusco:
The Koricancha Temple (Temple of the Sun) and the Cathedral with its magnificent chapels and baroque altars and paintings from the Cusquenian School.
The tour also includes the surrounding ruins:
The fortress of Sacsayhuaman, the Inca bath of Tambomachay
The labyrinth of Puca Pucara and the amphitheatre of Kenko.
CUSCO - MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
- Early transfer to the train station for a Vistadome train ride across the Andes to Aguas Calientes (2400 m / 7500 ft) at the foot of the mountains.
Then short transportation to the entrance of the ruins where the guided tour of the Lost City will start.
- Buffet lunch at Machu Picchu Sanctuary lodge.
- Afternoon return in Vistadome train and transfer to your hotel.
CUSCO - LIMA - OUT
- Transfer to the airport for flight back to Lima. Connection on your own with international flight
* Subject to availability
- *Share Willing Basis (applied in activities - not in accomodation)
- All prices are per person in US dollars, based on double accomodation.
- Accommodation and meals as detailed in each program
- Transfers and sightseeing with local English speaking guides
- Vistadome train OR Machu Picchu Train: Poroy or Ollantaytambo/Aguas Calientes/Poroy – subject to confirmation
- Personal expenses
- Meals and services not specified in program
- Airport taxes
- Air transportation / round trip domestic tickets.